As you’re probably well aware, when it comes to creating a physical book with images, they’ve got to be of good quality and look well in print.
No one wants to buy a book with blurry images, neither the people who create your book, nor your end user.
Because of that, you know that an image with a high DPI (dots per inch) will print better than one with a lower DPI.
But how can you change the DPI of an image?
In today’s post, I’m going to give you a paid version (very inexpensive) and a free version. – Depending on what you’re looking to do, one may suit better than the other, I’ll let you decide for yourself.
First of all it’s look at why DPI is important how you can change it.
What Does The DPI Of An image Mean?
How To Change DPI Of An Image For Free.
To change the DPI of an image for free, you can use the following software FastStone Photo Resizer which you can download for free here.
Not only can you change the DPI of an image with this software, but it also allows you to do the following….
- Convert and Rename images in batch mode
- Support JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000
- Resize, crop, change colour depth, apply colour effects, add text, watermark and border effects
- Rename images with a sequential number
- Search and replace texts in the file names